Sunday, August 1, 2010

What's the frequency Kenneth?

"Be 'still' to become peaceful and concentrated.  When we are still, looking deeply and touching the source of our true wisdom, we touch the living Buddha and living Christ in ourselves and those we meet."

-the Buddha

I went to Walmart to get a book to read in an attempt to curtail my obsession with television.  I'm addicted to the Dish Network.  I can lay in a catatonic state watching Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, Jersey Shore, Man vs Food or name any one of a gazillion reality TV shows.  I know life is passing by as I lay on the couch or in bed channel grazing endlessly.  It's my middle age 'crack'.

They say 'crack' or is it 'crystal meth' (I'm not sure of the difference) causes you to prematurely use up all your serotonin, thus leaving you with the inability to enjoy anything in life.  Ever.  I feel like TV has done that to me.  I'm only soothed when I'm getting my fix of the Dish Network.  But like every good addict I must face rehab or an intervention of some sort.   By the way, I love that show Intervention on A&E.

Enough about me.  What about you?  On a scale of 1-10 how do you feel about your life?  I'm sure there are lots of things you wish for.  All of us do but what sucks is once we get them we're no happier than we were.  More often than not, we're less happy.  Hey I'm no Dr. Phil, I've just learned the hard way and my Mastercard will attest to it.   Please don't confuse happiness with peace.  There is no such thing as true and lasting happiness, only inner peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment