Tuesday, August 3, 2010

There is no spoon

"Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

-The Matrix

I've come to realize that life doesn't change, only our perception of it.  How we view things is our reality and surprisingly others view things differently than we do.   I contend that we are most comfortable around those that view life as we view it and those people tend to be our family, become our friends or close associates. The challenge is to allow ourselves to glimpse the world as others unlike ourselves see it.   If we can alter our perception, if only temporarily, we are forever changed and I contend for the better.

A got a old VW Beetle from a good friend of mine.  My goal is to restore it to its original splendor.  I can see me now cruising the classic yellow Bug down an old country road puffing on a fine cigar with the radio on.   That whole 'breeze in my hair' thing or face since I'm folliclely challenged.  I'll work on posting a picture of it so you can see the progress of the 'Love Bug's' renovation.

What do you want to do other than what you're doing? Open a floral shop, or work at a bakery? I've been thinking about semi-retirement or at least my next career.  What do I want to do with the second half of my life?  My goal is to semi retire by age 55 and I'm 46 now.  So I have nine years to pay off my mortgage, get two kids through college and then execute my escape plan.  I hope I don't get caught and sent back.  Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment