Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Run Forrest Run

"Life's like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get."

-Forrest Gump

I feel like Forrest Gump sometimes, that I'd just like to start running and not stop.  At least for a long time and especially when I get a piece of life's chocolate I really don't care for.  But I've begun to just eat the piece I'm given and simply wait for the ones I like better.  No sticking my finger in the bottom to see what kind it is and putting it back.  I'm all in, what ever comes, comes.  And that's all I have to say about that.

I don't know what it is but as soon as August arrives I start feeling like Summer is over and Fall is coming.  I don't know how I could associate 90 degree temperatures with Fall but it happens every year.  Maybe school starting up or knowing September is only four weeks away.  I love Fall but I do enjoy Summer.  All in all, I cherish the four distinct seasons we enjoy in Kentucky.  Every one of them has their magical moments.

What's the most physically painful thing you ever had to endure?  Root canal, broken bone, a burn?  For me I think it would be one of two.  Cutting the tip of my finger off with a pair of scissors will landscaping!  Or maybe having a plantars wart burned off of the bottom of my foot.  It really wasn't the burning but that freak'n needle and the numbing 'stuff' that hurt so bad.  Felt like battery acid being shoved in my foot.  If sucked.  They say for men kidney stones are close to the pain women experience having a baby.  I was in there for both my children's births and it was intense so I pray I never have a kidney stone. Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment