Monday, August 2, 2010

Bang Your Head!

John Lennon wrote, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

I was listening to the 80's Hair Band channel this morning on my way into work.  Quiet Riot's 'Bang Your Head' was on and actually got me singing along and pumping my fist in the air.   I didn't know all the words, and I'm sure we've all experienced that when trying to sing along.  Anyway I had the chorus down.

Sort of silly how we take and make life so complicated.  Always looking for the next great thing to have, do, eat or buy all the while, as John said, life passes us by so to speak.  Not me, my life's goal is to live in the moment as much as possible.  To do that you really have to focus, pay attention and listen.  It ain't easy.

Every wish you could win the lottery?  Almost everyone that does seems to have their life 'go to hell in a hand basket'.  The only happy winners are those that stay life's course and give the money away.  I promised God if I ever won (I don't play) but if I did and were to win, I'd give it away.  Maybe he'll let me win just to test me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment